Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration from which to choose. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My card uses the Avant Garden Stamp Set and is CASE'd from the sample on page 5 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
I stamped the stem and leaves in Old Olive. I then stamped the flower in Crumb Cake and colored it in using a blender pen with So Saffron. I fussy cut the stem, leaves and flower and pieced it all together.
Of course I made a few adjustments to my version of the card. For example, I used a note card for the base instead of making a full size card. Since the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper comes in a stack of six by six sheets, I was able to make two cards out of a single sheet instead of just one.
Another slight change I made was using the salutation "thanks" that comes with the Tasty Trucks stamp set. It was easier to do this since the "thanks" in the Avant Garden stamp set is part of the bigger phrase "thanks for being you."
I thoroughly enjoyed CASE'ing this card. It was like taking a pleasant walk through a big country field. The card has a surprising number of layers, but none of them seem to overwhelm the simplicity of the single flower. It's really lovely and a great way to say "thanks" to someone.
Here's a picture of the page from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. It's just so pretty.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary at Stampin' Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker's Workshop
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin'
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin'
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme