Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Help Comes from the Lord

Here is today's card.  It's a dainty little 3x3 card. I started making it last night and finished it early this morning. I took it to work with me and set it on my computer while I worked. I love the scripture. It is  so comforting.

I stamped the scripture using a Verve Stamp. The butterflies were stamped using the Elementary Elegance Stamp Set from Stampin Up.

Most everything I use is from Stampin Up, so unless otherwise indicated, just know it's from Stampin Up.  The card base is Whisper White and the scripture message is mounted on Poppy Parade. The designer paper is from the Everyday Enchantment sale-a-bration collection.

I colored the butterflies using markers in So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Poppy Parade.  After inking up the stamp, I promptly blew on it before applying to the card stock.  This helps keep the ink moist.  I attached the butterflies to the card using glue dots.

Yesterday I received my new camera that I ordered through Amazon. My old Kodak EasyShare Z760 broke about a month ago after Kevin accidentally ran over it with our Volvo.  My new camera is a Canon Power Shot A1200 which I promptly installed with new batteries and was ready to take my first picture of my cat Timmy. Well, I had dutifully attached the wrist band to the camera and Timmy thought it was a toy. After seeing the dangling wrist band, Timmy swatted the camera out of my hand and it fell crashing to the floor and broke!  I was so upset. I had the camera for less than an hour and it was already broken.

After several minutes of being fully upset, looking over the warranty and realizing I could not return the camera to Amazon, I just started fiddling with the misaligned lens and prayed that it could be fixed. By the grace of God, the lens popped back into alignment and it was fixed! Praise God! I was so happy. It obviously works, because I've been using it to take these pictures.

This is a picture of Timmy taken with my old camera. He's a good hunter and has fast claws. I was so mad after he swatted my camera, but of course it was not his fault. We've since made up.



Here is my cat Fluffy keeping me company in my craft room. 

Here is our third kitty. His name is Buddy. He is a big male terror. I'm sure you'll hear more Buddy stories as time goes on.

Here's the song that's been in my head. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...