Thursday, February 9, 2012

Seeking first the kingdom of God even before making cards


Tonight I worked on a couple of simple cards that would be great for beginners to do.

Basic techniques used included stamping the sentiment, punching small hearts and piecing layers of paper together. These are all basic skills, but so foundational for card making.

The card above was made with Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake and Real Red card stock. The blue hearts are stamped on this card.




The card to the left was made with Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.  I punched out the hearts on this one.



I didn't notice the little heart over the "i" until after I stamped it. Isn't it cute?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I missed having my morning devotion. That means I missed reading my Bible and praying before I started going through my day.  I don't like that. It's hard for me to function through the day when I haven't had a quiet time with the Lord. It's such a precious time to me and I've only recently recommitted myself to spending that time in the morning even if it means feeling extra tired during the day.

I ended up reading my Bible later in the evening and listening to a Bible study.  I wanted to do this before I started my card making projects. First things first. Jesus comes first, then everything else.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...