Monday, October 7, 2013

Maple Leaf with a little Thumping

Today I have another Fall card to share.


There's a few simple techniques I used to give the card some special qualities.

 I used the "Thumping" technique to color the top Maple Leaf.  The colors are literally "thumped" on with colored markers.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Markers for a variety of Fall colors.

I also inked up my Woodgrain Embossing Folder in Baked Brown Sugar ink before running through my Big Shot. It's a Letter Press technique that adds an extra depth and richness to the look.

I will be demonstrating these techniques at my class on Wednesday for local folks.  I hope you can come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...