Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mojo Monday 236

I was a little mystified by what to do with this week's Mojo Monday. I had a quilt in mind, but there aren't many quilts made with only horizontal stripes. So I cut some coordinating designer paper from my stash, ran it through the Big Shot and voila! Instant gratification.









Materials used - all Stampin' Up (unless otherwise noted)
Stamp sets: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess)
Paper: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush

I find cardmaking to be very rewarding. I feel like I just finished a quilt in less than an hour. Okay, maybe a little longer than an hour, but certainly faster than if I actually sewed something together.

I have a little secret to share with anyone out there listening. I'm going to sign up to be a Stampin' Up Demonstrator on April 30. I have to wait until the 30th because I'm going to change uplines (I was a demonstrator for a short time last year). I think this time around I'm going to go beyond the "hobbyist" level. I have the strangest drive to share this craft with everyone. I just know there has to be more people out there who don't know how wonderful it is to do paper crafting. Especially in the area where I live.

Perhaps I'm a little obsessed. Oh, I hate using the word obsessed. "Driven" or "addicted" might be better a better way to describe it. There are just so many reasons I love papercrafting. Mostly I guess because it fulfills the creative urge inside of me. And I get something to show for my efforts. That was always the problem with crafting in the past. I would never finished anything! My mother was always sewing and crocheting. My sisters are all great at sewing and needlecraft. Me, I just had lots of plans, but never got anything done. Now I'm doing it and I'm loving it!

Blogging is fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...