Sunday, September 2, 2012

I went to the Fair today and got some ribbons!

It was a hot day at the Lake County Fair today. I strolled into Lewis Hall to see if any of my rubber stamp projects were on display. Lo and behold I found them with proud little ribbons next to six of them!

What a neat surprise! I had entered eight projects in four categories: Paper Framed for Hanging, Greeting Cards, Tin & Boxes and Any Other Rubber Stamp Art.  I got First Place for the first 2 categories. How fun is that!

To be honest, this is a great craft for anyone who likes instant gratification. I've tried sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet and embroidery. But I could never finish anything! This is the first time I've had the ability to finish a project and feel a sense of accomplishment.

If you live locally, come to one of my classes! Paper crafting is such a fun and relaxing hobby. It's okay to start out slowly. That's what I did. I took a few classes, watched tons of You Tube tutorials and started out small. You can do it too!






I didn't enter these sunflowers. I just thought they were neat and so I took a picture.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Christina, How sweet of you to comment all the way from Las Vegas. Hope you are having your own stamping adventures going on where you live!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...