Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Year in Review - Part one

Before getting too far into the New Year, I wanted to take a moment to look back at few of my favorite projects and events from 2012.

The biggest event was re-joining Stampin' Up! as demonstrator on May 1st. I missed being a demonstrator so much! I had been a demonstrator for about 6 months in 2011, then dropped out because I didn't make my minimums (ask me about this if you have questiions, but I won't explain it all here).

After I rejoined, I just knew I wanted to go to Convention, but wasn't sure if I would really do it.  But just as I could not resist rejoining Stampin' Up!, I also couldn't resist not going to Convention. So my other big event was attending my first ever Convention and loving every minute of it!

Here's some highlights starting with February (I don't have picture from January so have to start with February)

FEBRUARY
My February highlight is all about making my light box. Before I constructed my light box, my pictures would come out yellow and dark. When I figured out I needed a light box, I turned to YouTube for instructions and this is what I made. I still use this box, but should really make a new one because this one is starting to fall apart. Hey, but it still works!



Want to know how to make a box? Click here for more details..

MARCH
My gosh, but after looking through my March blog posts, I realize March was a busy month. I discovered card challenges and found a few I especially enjoyed like Mojo Monday and the Paper Crafter's Library Makeover challenges.  I just loved the idea of being challenged to use up my stash.

Even though I never made a "winning" card, I'm most proud of this one with the sweet little birds. I ended up submitting it as an entry to our local County Fair and actually got a Blue Ribbon for it! More than getting a prize, I like it because it makes me feel happy. 


APRIL
I was all about making cards for my co-workers in April.  As a social worker, I work with some really incredible people and it's fun to share with them.  This card was great because it fits so well with my line of work. You have to read my blog post to know what I'm talking about. But even then, it may be hard to understand the humor without actually being a social worker.  Sorry...



MAY
I liked this card a lot. It was a good workshop card that I think people enjoyed making.  Cheery, simple and with a great message.


JUNE
I'm officially a "PAL" in June after re-joining Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator.  I jumped right in and participated in my first blog hop.  I ended making up a bunch of these cards as swaps for Convention later in the summer.


I'll have to catch up with my reminiscing at a later date. Tomorrow is a big day for Stampin' Up! since it will be the first day the new Spring Catalog is launched and the Sale-A-Bration brochure goes live! So exciting!

If you want a spring catalog, let me know. I'll get one to you for a couple of bucks.

Until later, thanks for stopping by,
Hugs & blessings, Angela 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...