Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Truly Grateful in Faux Silk

Here is a card we will be making at my card class next week. It is made using a "faux silk" technique which incorporates the use of tissue paper to create the "silk" look. Basically you stamp on the tissue paper, scrunch it up, then attach it to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. It's really a lovely look.

The ingredients of this card include the Magnificent Maple stamp which is priced at an easy $9.95 and that's for a wood stamp!  The color of the fallen leaves are Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry. This was the first time I used the Crushed Curry ink and I really love it.

Possibly the most popular accessory for the Fall season is the Burlap ribbon which holds the images together. It's really wonderful to work with and adds so much.

Card Recipe
Stamp sets: Magnificent Maple, Truly Grateful
Paper: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla cardstock
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Labels Framelits, Big Shot

CLICK HERE TO SHOP 24/7 

CLASSES

For you local folks living in or near Lake County, California, here is the scoop on my classes.

Wednesdays classes will meet Oct 9, Nov 13 and Dec 11 starting at 6:30pm
$5 Friday classes meet Nov 1, Nov 29 and Dec 27. Open hours are 6pm-9pm.

Wednesdays will be a traditional card class for all levels of stampers. I will be using current Stampin' Up! products so you can see how gorgeous everything is in real life.

Friday classes will be more "hang loose." I will have a couple Make & Takes for you to do for $5. If you didn't make it to the Wednesday card class, you can make it up here. Just let me know in advance so I can have the extra kits prepared for you. I'm available for anyone who needs help with projects they are working on at home. And if anyone wants to borrow some of my stuff such as Big Shot folders, framelits, stamps, etc., I will bring them for you to use that night. Sometime in the coming months I'd even like to play Bingo for fun and prizes!

All classes meet in Lower Lake. Contact me for address info.


Hugs & blessings, Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...