Monday, February 6, 2012

MMC & Saturday's class

Whew! I'm finally here. Ready to start blogging. I've had so many false starts and was ready to give up. But I finally got to where I need to be.  So here goes nothing. Blogging World, here I come!


Makeover Monday Challenge (MMC)

I'll start by sharing my Makeover Monday Challenge (MMC) entries. I love MMC. Andrea Walford is so generous with her tutorials. I love how she challenges you to work from your stash. I find myself digging through my supplies and finding treasures that were becoming neglected. Thanks to Andrea Walford and Paper Crafter's Library, my stash is being rediscovered and put to use.

I also like how Andrea presents the challenge as a "self-challenge" that doesn't feel at all competitive.

Plus there's an opportunity to win something through the weekly drawing! Maybe I'll be the next winner (this isn't being competitive, is it?)

Here is my first entry to the challenge - MMC #10


This is my second entry - MMC #11



And most recent entry - MMC #12



Saturday's card class

I've been card making for over a year now and have pretty much gotten over feeling like a novice. I guess my stockpile of supplies puts me at the "intermediate" level. I even give classes! Saturday I had two people making Valentine's cards with me. It was great fun. Here are the cards we made.

Card # 1 - Be My Valentine
This was the first card we made. The card was originally created by Angie Kennedy and I made several of them last year by following her wonderful tutorial. I gave my "students" an already folded 3-fold card. They stamped the heart with the rock n roll technique, stamped and cut out the salutation, added brads and sponged the edges like mad. They did a really excellent job for their first time at it.


Card # 2 - Multi-Level Pop Up card
I wanted this card to be fun. You have to see it in action. The idea is to have a fairly "so so" card front, then open it up to a big surprise of "pop-ups". It was a little bit complicated to make as a "first" card, but my students were such troopers. They did it and even said it was fun for them. I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...