Sunday, March 25, 2012

Makeover Monday Challenge - Live, Laugh, Love

Here is my card for Paper Crafter's Library Makeover Challenge. I am always just barely getting in my challenge cards completed in time for submission, but I've never been great with deadlines. Deadlines remind me of work and cardmaking is for fun!

I'm still challenging myself to make a card a day and so far I've been on a roll. I have no idea what card to make for tomorrow. I usually start the night before but so far haven't done anything. Hmmm. Maybe another Easter card?

Well, here is my challenge card. I enjoyed making it. I pretty much followed the tutorial provided for getting a distressed look. I never thought of using my paper snips to run against the edge of my card stock to rough up the edges. And I sponged Crumb Cake ink all over the front of the Very Vanilla to get the distressed look before stamping the images in Early Espresso. Also, it may have helped that I dropped my card several times on the driveway as I was taking pictures of it before the sun went down. Live, laugh, love, right?


Materials used - all Stampin' Up (unless otherwise noted)
Stamp sets: Kindness Matters, Live, Laugh, Love (retired)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Today I was in Santa Rosa for shopping and had a quick visit with my niece Yvonne who was driving up from southern California to vacation near the Sonoma coast. I plan on meeting her tomorrow night to plan a trip to San Francisco on Tuesday. It's supposed to be a rainy day, but I love San Francisco. I'm sure we can find some fun things to do even in the rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...