Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I want to wish everyone a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving Day.

In celebration of the day, I'm going to start a new trend with my blogging. Ever since I discovered stamping, I have zealously scouted out the internet for YouTube tutorials and instructional blogs. I continue to be in awe of the massive number of stampers who share their beautiful creations with the world.

I have literally "gobbled up" their ideas like a big fat turkey and used their ideas as inspiration for making my own cards.

For example, here is a Thanksgiving card I made inspired by Dawn Olchefske using the French Foliage stamp set.

It's a great card and really easy to make. I followed Dawn's instructions on her YouTube, but changed my card up a little by running the back panel through my Big Shot using the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

But that's the beauty of creativity, isn't it? We make our creations our own by just the simple fact that it came from our own heart and hands.

My new and improved approach for sharing on my blog is to make sure I give credit where it is due and let you know where my inspiration comes from. Sure, I would love you to click on my Shop Now link and buy all the products you need from me.

But I'm just a little guy in a big world wanting to share a little of me to you. This is my way of truly sharing where I get my inspiration and possibly lead you to getting inspired too. Bottom line. I love sharing my love of stamping.

So thanks Dawn for the wonderful idea.  Here is your video that I used to make my card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Save 20% on the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles

    Good things come in small packages - like the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine! If you haven’t already, it’s time to meet your mini-but m...